- About Us
- True Sensica Users
Whether you’re a fan of the odd glass of red wine or not, here are several facts that will convince you that everything you’ve heard about its benefits for one’s skin, hair, and health are true- as well as the reason why French people have a glass a day to stay healthy and fit!
Red Wine Skin Benefits.
Everyone wants a healthy glowing skin and this is one of the many benefits of drinking red wine.
1. Red wine, particularly organic varieties, are rich in antioxidants — like flavonoid, resveratrol and tannin — which are very beneficial for the skin. They not only protect it, but help fight free radicals and ageing by restoring collagen and elastic fibers. This plumps out wrinkles and boosts sagging skin. Applying red wine topically decreases fine wrinkles and lines and reduces pigmentation. The antioxidants also create a protective barrier against sun damage to prevent skin cancer, but it’s not a substitute for sunscreen!
2. Wines contain natural AHAs (Alpha Hydroxy Acids), which exfoliates the skin by breaking down the substance that holds dead skin together. Red wine also has antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties, so applying it to the face combats acne, clears pores against breakouts, and treats congested and oily skin.
3. Another constituent of red wine, polyphenols, prevent cell oxidation and quickly transform a dull complexion into a glowing one.
4. It is no surprise that red wine facials are gaining popularity for a refreshing glow and to remove tans and blemishes. These facials are therapeutic, de-stressing, rejuvenating and anti-ageing. There are also skin scrubs and exfoliants that comprise red wine — they remove dead skin cells and improve blood circulation.
Red Win Hair Benefits
1. We all want shiny, silky hair, but preparing a DIY hair mask can be tedious. A simple trick is to shampoo and condition your hair as usual and then use red wine as a final rinse for an lustrous and thick mane.
2. Resveratrol is considered to prevent hair loss. It impedes inflammation and cell death to prevent hair falling out and helps hair regrowth. Moreover, red wine increases the blood circulation in the scalp and strengthens the blood vessels reducing dandruff, flakiness, and itchy scalp.
Red Wine Health Benefits
1. The wine’s strong antioxidants prevent the buildup of fat in the arteries, which is turn, prevents hear attacks and heart strokes. Red wine also lowers cholesterol and avoids the accumulation of saturated fat.
2. The substance called melatonin, found in red wine, stimulates your body clock, keeps you healthy, and if you consume a moderate amount before bedtime, should give you a peaceful sleep.
3. Research shows that red wine has certain properties that can even prevent a cold. It can prevent a clocked nose and help you breath easier.
4. Red wine is said to increase one’s life span to a certain extent when consumed regularly in moderate amounts
5. Red wine contains quercetin that can prevent lung cancer. It can also lower the risk of breast cancer and resveratrol reduces the growth of cancerous cells
6. Resveratrol can also stimulate insulin secretion from the pancreas that, in turn, reduces the glucose level in the blood, thus preventing diabetes type 2 in animals and humans
7. Acting as an anti-inflammatory, resveratrol can protect one from various diseases caused by inflammation. It also boosts brain health, memory power, and prevents diseases like dementia
8. Red wine contains polyphenol that helps strengthen the gums and prevent gum inflammation. It can also harden the enamel, thus preventing tooth decay
Red wine, which was used for medicinal purposes in ancient times, is considered to be one of the healthiest drinks. We say Santé!
In another Sensica breakthrough, you can now get real-time feedback about your treatment. Yes, real-time! That means you get feedback as you do the treatment, even when you’re doing it on your own at home, you’re not alone. We’re right there with you, guiding your hand, making sure you’re doing it right and ensuring you get the very best results.
Our world-first app will leave you in no doubt as to whether a treatment is working, right in the moment, without having to wait. You’ll find out how to perfect your technique, how long to carry on and even what settings to use, so you can optimize results with every movement during every treatment.
Still not feeling 100% confident? That’s absolutely fine!
Just contact one of our aestheticians for personal advice and guidance.