- Hair Removal
- Cellulite Reduction
- Body Care
- True Sensica Users
Tumeric isn’t just a popular ancient spice used as a flavoring and coloring agent in food, but has been used for centuries to treat various ailments. To this day it is used as a beauty aid and for its many health benefits. Tumeric contains over 300 antioxidants making it a powerful healer. Here are some top tips for using tumeric.
Turmeric is an inexpensive and natural beauty product for treating common skin problems and attaining a flawless skin, such as helping oily skin by regulating sebum.
1. Turmeric has been scientifically proven to control oil and microbial growth on the skin. It’s antioxidant activity helps reduce acne and prevent their reoccurrence. Using turmeric in masks and in diet helps
2. As an excellent exfoliating agent (also for cracked heals, dry skin, and as a facial scrub), turmeric helps eradicate the signs of aging reducing fine lines and wrinkles when applied to the face and neck. It can
also help lighten stretch marks, remove skin tanning, and pigmentation.
3. Thanks to its antiseptic properties, turmeric and Aloe Vera gel provides quick relief for burns. Kasturi turmeric with milk treats poison ivy, eczema and psoriasis. Through its soothing and healing effects, it
reduces the inflammation, itching and other symptoms of eczema and helps restore the original skin texture.
Turmeric with other ingredients can promote hair growth and treat scalp conditions, such as dandruff and hair loss — due to tumeric’ s curcumin component which inhibits the activity of the growth agent TGF beta-one that causes the death of hair follicles.
1. Turmeric is said to prevent cancer, skin cancer, and childhood leukemia with the aid of its main component curcumin. Its antioxidant properties also hamper and regulate the growth of free radicals — cancer-
causing agents that interfere with normal cell growth — in the body.
2. Turmeric helps detoxify the liver, lowering the risk of hepatitis, cirrhosis and jaundice.
3. By increasing the metabolic rate in the body, tumeric helps weight management and improves digestion (helps reduce constipation, gas, bloating, and acidity).
4. Taken twice a day daily for 2 weeks prior to a menstruation cycle, turmeric extracts help reduce cramps.
5. Curcumin has anti-fungal, anti-inflammatory, anti–allergic, antioxidant, antiseptic, and antibacterial properties making turmeric an effective and fast healing agent, preventing the spread of infection.
6. As a strong anti-inflammatory and antioxidant it delays the onset of rheumatoid arthritis and Alzheimer’s.
7. Turmeric regulates homocysteine levels and therefore controls cholesterol. It also wards off cardiovascular diseases, and moderates insulin levels thereby having a limited influence over diabetes control.
8. Turmeric juice maintains a balance between bilirubin and biliverdin — two liver secretions that are the keys to maintaining liver health.
Turmeric taken as a spice has no side-effects, but excessive turmeric consumption (over 1500 mg a day) can cause some issues:
· Supplements are not recommended.
· Turmeric has poor bioavailability, thus include black pepper and fats in your diet to ensure turmeric is properly absorbed.
· In some cases excess consumption can cause diarrhea, upset stomach, nausea, or dizziness.
· Consuming large doses orally may stimulate the uterus putting pregnancy at risk.
· Tumeric is an anti-coagulant, thus avoid it if you are due to have surgery.
Even those who do not have any of the above ailments can benefit from the medicinal properties that this ‘Indian Saffron’ possesses to halt aging and enjoy a glowing healthy skin.
In another Sensica breakthrough, you can now get real-time feedback about your treatment. Yes, real-time! That means you get feedback as you do the treatment, even when you’re doing it on your own at home, you’re not alone. We’re right there with you, guiding your hand, making sure you’re doing it right and ensuring you get the very best results.
Our world-first app will leave you in no doubt as to whether a treatment is working, right in the moment, without having to wait. You’ll find out how to perfect your technique, how long to carry on and even what settings to use, so you can optimize results with every movement during every treatment.
Still not feeling 100% confident? That’s absolutely fine!
Just contact one of our aestheticians for personal advice and guidance.