- Hair Removal
- Cellulite Reduction
- Body Care
- True Sensica Users
Whether it’s your first, second, or 200th rendezvous, there’s much to be said for feeling and looking radiant when you’re heading out on a date with someone special. So how to achieve the delicate balance between effortless and alluring? Here are 5 tips to choose the right skin regimen and makeup to make sure you’re off to a great start.
1. First off the bat, make sure to clean, prep, prime and moisturize and moisturize your skin well before you start applying makeup. A scrub and a face mask whilst taking a hot bath will both relax you, getting rid of date night jitters, and give your skin a fresh glow.
2. Your makeup should also aim for a fresh, healthy, and natural look. In other words, don’t overdo it with layers of base that will make you look pasty, ready for an appearance on Broadway, or leave embarrassing – irremovable – stains on your date’s nice new shirt should he hug you. Rather use an aluminizing primer and dab on some foundation.
3. As far as blusher goes, choose a soft, pink-hued blush and apply it sparingly to the apples of your cheeks. You don’t want to look permanently embarrassed.
4. For an ultra-sexy pout, go for a soft pink or nude gloss. Using a hydrating gloss will soften the look of colored lips, yet still add some drama. Alternatively, take advice from Gwyneth Paltrow who once said that “Beauty, to me, is about being comfortable in your own skin. That, or a kick-ass red lipstick”.
5. For your eyes, opt for a sultry and smoky or soft and pale look. For smoky eyes use a grey-toned eye shadow palette applying the darkest color along your eye lash line and gradually lightening the shade as you move up. . Black eyeliner rimming your top and bottom lashes and two coats of black mascara will do the trick. Alternatively, keep eye makeup romantic and soft with a pale color across the lid, brown liner on top and bottom and two coats of brown mascara. On the topic of mascara, if you’re heading out for a movie, make sure not to choose a tearjerker or you’ll emerge looking like topsy the clown.
6. Remember, if it’s a first date, rather play it down as far as your makeup and dress is concerned. Last, but not least, don’t forget your perfume – but don’t overdo it either, you don’t want your poor date rolling down the car windows as you get in and gasping for breath. To quote top model Anais Mali, “less is definitely more!”
In another Sensica breakthrough, you can now get real-time feedback about your treatment. Yes, real-time! That means you get feedback as you do the treatment, even when you’re doing it on your own at home, you’re not alone. We’re right there with you, guiding your hand, making sure you’re doing it right and ensuring you get the very best results.
Our world-first app will leave you in no doubt as to whether a treatment is working, right in the moment, without having to wait. You’ll find out how to perfect your technique, how long to carry on and even what settings to use, so you can optimize results with every movement during every treatment.
Still not feeling 100% confident? That’s absolutely fine!
Just contact one of our aestheticians for personal advice and guidance.